BURCH AVENUE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION (BANA)
Every year we have up to nine neighbors elected to represent the needs of our 300-home neighborhood. These Board members are elected each April at the annual meeting. The Board meets on the second Monday of every month and all community members are welcome.
BANA BOARD MEMBERS
- Lynne Bahrami (Burch Ave), President
- J.J. Froelich (Exum St), Vice President
- Caroline Asher (Burch Ave), Secretary
- Kip Coonley (Burch Ave), Treasurer
- Isaac Price (Gattis St), Immediate Past President
- Kay Alexander (Wilkerson Ave)
- Andrew Laskis (Burch Ave)
- Doug Coonley (Gattis St)
- Annie Thornhill (Burch Ave)
BANA MONTHLY MEETINGS
The Board meets monthly at various locations in the neighborhood. Below is information about and notes from those meetings.
- July 1, 2014 at 7pm at 922 Exum
- September 8, 2014 at 7pm at 922 Exum
- October 13 at 6pm at the Emily K Center
- November 10 at the Emily K Center
- December 6 potluck at 922 Exum
- January 19: Monthly BANA meeting at 833 Burch at 6:30pm (open to all!)
- Feb 9: Monthly BANA meeting at 922 Exum
- March 9: Monthly BANA meeting at 922 Exum
- April 26 from 1:00 – 3:00 in the Burch Avenue Park: BANA Annual Spring Meeting
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN SERVING ON THE BANA BOARD?
Work alongside your neighbors to keep the neighborhood connected, having fun, and keeping safe! Board members commit to attend meetings, vote on items of significance, and volunteer to help with ad hoc activities (social events, garden/ park, crime and safety, etc). Oh yeah and monthly meetings tend to be pretty fun. Contact BANA President Lynne Bahrami (Burch Ave) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 201-230-3410 to nominate yourself or a neighbor for service.